Click to enlarge
Projects completed this weekend:
- Tore out peas. Moved flower pots to fill the gap.
- Transplanted (switched locations of) peppers and carrots. (Peppers went to the hanging box. Carrots went to the wood planter.) So the peppers get more sun now.
- Harvested bunching onions for Potato & Onion soup.
- Harvested basil – it flowered again! >:| and made pesto. Ate it with pasta – Yum!
- Harvested pineapple sage, orange mint, spearmint, and lemon verbena for tea. Turned out a bit too lemony. Hubby said it reminded him of Pine-Sol. So, I won't use quite as much lemon verbena next time. That stuff is wicked strong.
The mints are growing like crazy!
Other stuff that's going on:
- The strawberries are finishing up.
- The lavender is starting to form blooms.
- Several more blossoms have opened on the eggplant.
- The beans are starting to bloom.
- The green garlic exploded – it grew 4-5 inches tall in just a few days.
- All the cilantro died. I'll try again next year.
- A little pile of stevia is sitting out to dry.
- Buds are starting to form on the squash vines.
Looking good from the street.
Damn, I love my view :)