I don't have a lot to report, I promise I'll post more when the weather warms up and I actually have things to write about.
But I've been keeping busy - I started saving larger steel cans and I painted them with Rustoleum, poked a few holes in the bottom and put on a layer of poly - voila! plant pots!
I also whipped up an apron last night from scrap fabric from my Halloween costume and left over ribbon from my wedding a couple years ago. Not perfect, but not bad for not having a pattern. At least I won't have any more spaghetti sauce splatters on my shirts. (Try saying that 5 times fast. lol)
I finally got around to taking a few 'before' pictures of my balcony.
You can just see the lemon verbena I kept inside this winter, and the dormant sage sitting outside. The white dish pans are for lettuce.
The curtains (a necessary indulgence to keep out the summer heat - and they're so pretty) didn't allow me to get a good wide shot. So, I had to venture outside - not bad, it got up to 50 degrees today!
I figured out that the last frost date is May 12 (about 2 weeks later than where I grew up. Boo.) So I'll be starting the Stevia and Scallions inside around April 1. At the same time I'll plant the peas, borage and cilantro outside. Everything else either gets direct seeded after danger of frost, or I'm buying plants to save myself the trouble.
And I'm still agonizing over how to do the railing planters!
25 minutes ago