- I spend all day at a desk job but I love the outdoors. (Though I do like my job)
- I miss the taste of homegrown food (except when I get wonderful goodies from my grandma or my dad.)
- I can never have enough plants.
- I can't afford the quality local produce sold at the farmer's markets and I don't like the idea of supporting the trucking of food to IOWA (one of the most fertile places in the world) from all over the world.
- I live in a 1+ bedroom apartment with my husband and the only private outdoor access is a tiny 6'x8' deck. And he's already claimed a bit for his grill!
Solution: Grow food. And grow it cheap.
This blog will chronicle me starting a garden in the teeniest of spaces, with the teeniest of budgets, and with an environmentally aware attitude. I'll share what I spend, how I did everything, where I got stuff, and if it was all worth it at the end of the season.