Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bye, Bye May!








I left town for a conference last week, returning today. Luckily I have a wonderful hubby who diligently watered the plants (including freshly planted seeds) and everything is doing wonderfully!


Strawberries have been blooming wonderfully, and there are even some teeny green ones already forming. In the closer box are leeks and carrots. Same in the farther one, except there are squashes and zucchinis on the edge, they'll (hopefully) grow over the side of the container.




The peas got really tall, and I had to thin out about half of the middle container (snow peas). They aren't showing any signs of slowing down, and they're supposed to be dwarf varieties that only get 2' tall. No flowers yet.


Everything looks and feels so lush. It's been a handful to keep all the flowers deadheaded. But I've had plenty of blooms to cut and bring inside. The pansies and violas do OK, maybe lasting a couple of days. The petunias though, have lasted more than a week! I was so surprised, I really didn't think they'd do well!


There isn't much room to just stand around, but who wants to do that anyway? :)

I put a bunch more pictures on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment